Intro to B&W Photography
A comprehensive 4 week course designed to teach you how to use your camera to correctly expose film, develop that film into negatives and make prints from those negatives in our darkroom. This class can be purchased a la cart for those who want to learn some but not all of the things or as a 4 week bundle for 25% off.
The 4 weeks are:
- Intro to Camera
- Learn the basics of how to use your camera to expose film correctly and a brief history of photography!
- Intro to B&W Film Developing
- Learn how to develop your film by hand into negatives that can be used to make prints.
- Intro to B&W Printing 1
- Learn the basics of how to print your film onto paper in our fully stocked B&W darkroom
- Intro to B&W Printing 2
- Establish a level of comfortability working in the B&W darkroom to make "perfect" B&W prints on RC paper
Intermediate B&W Printing
A comprehensive 4 week course designed for those that have taken Intro to B&W Photography or the equivalent somewhere else. This class builds on the basics introduced in the darkroom and teaches students more advanced printing techniques like dodging & burning, advanced filter use and printing on fiber paper.
Intro to Color Printing
A two hour class offered every two weeks designed for those that have taken Intro to B&W Photography or the equivalent somewhere else. This class covers the basics of printing in our color darkroom, producing color neutral prints using our 33" Kreonite color print processor