What to bring: Your 35mm or medium-format film camera. We will go over them and answer any questions you may have.
Class: Everything you need to know to use a film camera.
- Aperture / Shutter Speed / ISO (film speed) / Depth-of-Field / Lenses
- Types of film, and how to pick which ones are appropriate for different situations
- Brief history of photography, and a timeline of camera development
- Hands-on demonstration with SLR, range-finder, medium-format, and view-finder cameras
- How to make a pinhole camera
- How to load and shoot a roll of Tri-X (provided) for the next week’s film developing class. You will also shoot a roll of Tri-X pushed to 3200.
- Demonstration of how to load a film reel. Everyone can take home a roll and reel to practice for the film developing class.