I've been with the Darkroom since January 2012, fixing things and making messes. www.calebsavagephoto.com
1. Whats your favorite camera & why?
I've got a lot of favorite cameras, but I really love my Bronica SQ. It's like a Japanese Hasselblad. I also love shooting with my 4x5 Crown Graphic.
2. What type of photographer would you describe yourself as/how would you describe your photographic style?
I'm a documentarian and storyteller, my work (at least in an ideal sense) explores historical narratives at a slow pace. My biggest inspiration is Bernd & Hilla Becher's work.
3. Whats your dream photo shoot?
My dream photo shoot would be either a cross country road trip to Alaska or an Appalachian Trail thru-hike.
4. Whats the longest you've spent on a project/most in depth you've gone?
I've been working on a project about Northeastern Pennsylvania's coal mining region since 2012. I haven't been shooting as much as I'd like to lately, but am hoping to get back out there this fall.
5. How long have you lived in Bushwick/Brooklyn/New York?
It's about to be 5 years - time flew!